<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, February 04, 2006

posted by James - 10:03 PM


Let's see... why haven't I talked much this postseason? Whose team is still playing? Whose team jobbed themselves out of a spot in the NFC Championship game with piss-poor personnel decision. My pain and outrage still has not met it's limit.

I tried not to jinx it by coming on this here blog and pumping up the Bears, but I decided to go the calm and quiet route. I could sit her and say that was a mistake, but I'm not going to take one ounce of credit for the Bears' poor showing. Besides, you could just take my prediction for the Panthers-Giants game and apply it to the Bears debacle and the Seahawks win... all you have to do is not let Steve Smith beat you. The Bears let him own them and the Seahawks made him bankrupt.

Of course, now I've had to endure the constant kudos from everybody telling me how happy I must be that the Seahawks are in the Super Bowl. I'm happy for the city of Seattle. I really am. The Seahawks finally gave Seattle their first Super Bowl or World Series team... they're the last city with an NFL and MLB franchise to get there.

But I am a Bears fan... I have always been a Bears fan. I've been a Bears fan since birth. I can't quite figure out how anybody who ever saw Walter Payton run isn't, no matter where they lived.

Like David, I'm happy this year's Super Bowl features two teams with a lot to play for and all the tools necessary to give us fans a tight, hard-fought game.

It's just too bad ESPN can't stop talking about Terrell Owens, Donovan McNabb, Brett Favre, the Hall of Fame, Jerome Bettis' homecoming story and those disrespected, forgotten Seahawks... which ticks me off since they're the one's doing the disrespecting and the forgetting. They have complete control over whether the rest of the world knows guys like RB Shaun Alexander, QB Matt Hasselbeck, OT Walter Jones, etc. Instead of telling us how disrespected they are... just start showing them some freakin' respect!

Right now, they're showing clips of Bettis rumbling for a touchdown... in high school. Where are the clips of Alexander demonstrating his overwhelming greatness. He's only the MVP and single-season record holder for rushing TDs.

How about show me the unending reel of Hasselbeck's pin-point accuracy? He's only the NFC Pro Bowl starter.

Nope... but please show me more of Ben Roethlisberger pimping Fat Heads. Done!

I'll admit I have no idea who's going to win the game tomorrow... but I'd be shocked if it were a blowout on either end or to see the Seattle offense score less than three TDs, as I've seen in a couple other predictions.

I'm not going to get out of this post without giving a prediction. As much as I want to say it will come to the play of the respective QBs, I just don't see Alexander vs Bettis and Willie Parker as an even matchup. The Seahawks defense I've watched play over the last half of the season will be able to contain Parker and keep the pressure on Roethlisberger. Alexander's ability to make adjustments even against a tough defense will make the difference.

James' Super Bowl XL Prediction: Seahawks 34, Steelers 30

Enjoy the game, everybody!

Comments: Post a Comment