<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

posted by James - 8:11 PM


Tommy had some thoughts on the lastest Raw I found interesting.
As for the World Title situation? The whole Quickest Pin contest was a good way to fill a show with a common theme.

I got to thinking about it, and I don't have a clue who's coming out of the Elimination Chamber with the World Title, though I'm afraid it's going to be centered around the current and former members of Evolution, Triple H, Batista and Randy "I'm barely sentient" Orton.

I feel like the direction to go would be for those three to screw each other out of the title, and have them tussle with each other all the way to Wrestlemania. You could have them eliminating each other at the Royal Rumble, and have them trade wins all the way to Wrestlemania.

But not over the World Title.

Also, I'm thinking Edge is moving toward a Wrestlemania feud with Shawn Michaels. This is my gut saying this, more than my head. But I think you can go all the way back to Taboo Tuesday, where HBK took Edge's title shot, and HBK possibly screwing Edge again (either percieved or actual) in the Elimination Chamber.

To me, that leaves Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho without a real direction moving toward Wrestlemania XXI.

There have been rumors of a Benoit/Kurt Angle cross-promotional match at Wrestlemania. If I were Vince and the WWE, I'd do just that.

And, you give Jericho the belt out of the Elimination Chamber. He's a former World Champ who doesn't get the attention as a World Champ that others get. Give him another chance.

Also the Vince McMahon dream promo of Royal Rumble? With the Raw and Smackdown crew going to rumble Sharks v. Jets style? That was great...
And here's how I responded on his site. Yes, this is a copout as far as posts go, but it is what it is.
yes... the promo is easily the best they've ever had.

They are keeping their focus on the World Title, which isn't hard to do when six people will be fighting for the belt in two weeks.

hmmm... Jericho as champ? That would definitely be a twist. Unless they pull a major swerve, there's no way Michaels lets HHH, Edge or Orton leave with the title. Way too much history. Way too much animosity.

Benoit and Y2J have had their battles with HBK, but they're on much better terms.

Batista is the wild card. He doesn't have any history with Michaels other than his affiliation with Evolution. But I can't see them giving it to a first timer... unless it comes with a partnership with HBK... Diesel-style!

I can't say the last time I've had this much interest in a PPV that wasn't a Big Four event.
A Batista-HHH-Orton, pull-apart feud leading up to a match at WrestleMania 21 would leave the title scene thick as MO-lasses going into Backlash.

Not a bad thing from where I sit.

* hitting head repeatedly *

(Argh!!! Stop channeling J.R. It's not a good thing for a Chicago city boy to be talking like an Oklahoma Sooner, no matter how much you want his job.)

Taking those three guys out of the main event creates the question of what to do with the title belt at WM 21?

They could build to a Benoit match with Jericho to see if Benoit can do it two years in a row.

They could even throw Michaels into it, if they want to blow the roof off the Staples Center, but I'm kind of sick of Triple-Threat matches.

What to do with the SmackDown! main event at WM 21 is a-whole-nother bag of something. With the Raw main event pretty solidified, it's clear that a SmackDown! wrestler has to win the Royal Rumble, because they're going to need to have somebody new face Bradshaw. Booker T, Undertaker and Guerrero aren't going to cut it anymore.

My favorites are John Cena and the Big Show.

Yes, I'm going to be talking about wrestling and football for the near future. It's how I'm coping with the Cubs sitting on their hands right now, unless it concerns finding another way to make more money while calling themselves poor.

And if ya don't like it, I GOT TWO WORDS FOR YA...!

Comments: Post a Comment