<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 31, 2004

posted by James - 11:14 PM


I wonder how soon I can pick up my Garciaparra jersey, which also begs the question: Which number will he be wearing, since it won't be 5 unless he can buy it off Barrett? 15? 20? Hopefully by tomorrow, so I can wear it while I'm at Wrigley Field watching Greg Maddux win his 300th game.

I also hope he'll have Nomar backing him up. I know he has up to three days to report, but with the Red Sox in Minnesota, there's no reason why he shouldn't be donning some pinstripes in time for tomorrows game. It's wonderful how these things work out.

I'll also be in the company of my Mom and Dad, who flew in from Seattle last night, my Uncle Greg, who I've attended a few games with this year with varying results, my uncle Terry and his daughter - my cousin - Kala, and, most importantly, my Grandfather and Grandmother, who will be celebrating her 70th birthday.

But she doesn't know about most of this, so you have to keep it secret. Shhh!!! I mean on the QT and very hush hush!

I'm right there with Scott, I'm going to go relieve the dizziness from the bouncing off the ceilings I've been doing on this truly momentous day in Cubs history, and maybe I'll be back later, or tomorrow, with more.

KUDOS JIM HENDRY!!!

Oops, too late. For more, also check out... Cubs Pundit and Jeff Sullivan.

* gasp * * pant * * thud *

Comments: Post a Comment