Wednesday, March 10, 2004
posted by James - 6:01 PM
The first section of Chapter 2 of the Cubs Blogger Roundtable is online. I think I did pretty well to hold my own with the veterans of the Cubs Blog Army, although I already am guilty of misreading a question. Hopefully, I kept that to a minimum, but this was a lot of fun for me and I hope everyone will find some commentary they agree with, disagree with or just hadn't thought of yet.
Some highlights from Chapter 2: Section 1 of The Cubs Blogger Roundtable hosted by The Cub Reporter:
- Apparently, I'm the only blogger firmly behind Kerry Wood as the "Ace" (if there is such a thing with this quality of rotation). In fact, one participant predicted Kerry to finish fourth in the pecking order and be a "disappointment."
- The Big Red C (Derek Smart) is with me that Krispy Kremes came from a higher power that even the great Cubs' rotation couldn't touch.
- Apparently, there's a Cubs reliever with "Dr. Tightpants" for a nickname.
- "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my playoff dreams. Prepare to pitch for Atlanta."
- Apparently, a 907 OPS and league-average defense from Astros 3B Morgan Ensberg isn't sufficient for The Northside Lounge (Dennis Goodman). I wonder what he thinks of his Cubs counterpart then?
- Almost every member of the Cubs blogosphere advocates a signifcant contribution from Todd Walker at second base.
Tune in tomorrow where your Blue and Red Knights of the Roundtable discuss Cubs catchers, Sammy's legacy, the perils of success and much, much more!