<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, February 21, 2004

posted by James - 11:15 PM


I don't know if my wonderful readers have noticed, but I've added quite a few links over the last few days.

I wouldn't have put them on here if I didn't think they had high quality content for those interested in the subject I put them under.

Of course, I'm always interested in adding more, especially in the Cubs and Bears blogs sections. So send more on over to me.

And I've added new sections for Bears links - not that we should be wasting time talking about football with the birth of the Cubs' World Series run beginning - as well as my favorite baseball links.

All of the colors on my page, so far, I've taken off the official pages of an appropriate team with a great program called Pixie. And for my baseball links, I picked the colors for the team I feel improved the most this offseason - The Tampa Bay Devil Rays.

Click the link above and scroll down a ways to see the almost unending list of additions to their squad for Devil Rays Manager Lou Piniella to sort through this offseason.

As interested as I am to see just which players make the team, I'm just as interested to see what players immediately get picked up by other teams when the Devil Rays can't find room for them on their roster.

If improvements through free agency weren't enough, the Devil Rays might have to find room for outfield prospects Joey Gathright and Josh Hamilton and "the best shortstop prospect in baseball" B.J. Upton by the end of the year.

I know it's uncommon during his tenure as Devil Rays GM, but Chuck Lamar deserves credit for giving Piniella several options at every position and not blocking the way for their young players to make an impact if they prove worthy.

It's unfortunate that every team in the AL East improved this offseason, but the Devil Rays may have improved enough to post the first 70-win season in their existence.

I must also point out that this site is encroaching on the 1,000-hit mark. I don't know exactly what that means, but I still think it's pretty darn cool. I thank everyone who's taken the time to come to the site and read what I have to say. Hopefully, I'll keep making it worth your while to come back and maybe bring some friends along.

Comments: Post a Comment