<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 13, 2006

posted by CHRIS - 4:23 PM


Just call me a Posting Machine!!!

I know I complained last week about how nothing was going on in my sports world. Boy was I wrong. It was just the calm before the storm. With free agency starting in the NFL, NBA teams hunting for playoff spots, MLB giving us some suprisingly interesting baseball with the WBC and my feeble attempts to fill out NCAA brackets... my sports world is crazy.

So, let's Skip To My Sports!

NFL free agency
What a amazing first week! Some major talent changed teams. Arizona signed the big name running back, they've tried to get for years in former Indianapolis Colt and multi-time Pro Bowler Edgerrin James. The Edge should add another weapon to a Cardinals offense with an already-good, young recieving corps. This could make them a real threat in the NFC West. It doesn't help Seattle seems to be losing more than they are gaining through free agency.

Yes, the Seahawks signed RB Shaun Alexander to the contract he deserves, but they have lost many players who played major roles in getting them to the franchise's first super bowl. WR Joe Jurevicius will play for the Clevland Browns after signing a four-year contract. S Marquard Manuel is now a Green Bay Packer. Pro Bowl LG Steve Hutchinson signed a huge offer sheet (7 years, $49 million) with the Minnesota Vikings. The Seahawks designated Hutchinson as a transition player, which means they can match the offer, but would receive no compensation for letting the former first-round pick go.

Of all of these signings. I really hate to see Jurevicius leave Seattle. I really thought he was a huge part of the team's run to the Super Bowl. The Seahawks should have locked him up to a multi-year extension before free agency started and used his experience and talent to solidify the reciver position.

Seattle now has to find pieces to fill all the holes left by cuts and free agency. It should be interesting to see how things shake out.

I will talk more about the other subjects later but I have to finish the Honey-do list. Yeah, married life is great!!!

Comments: Post a Comment